Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Review: Dork Diares: Tales from a Not-So-Popular Party Girl


By Rachel Renee Russell
Summary:
Settled in at her new school and flanked by awesome friends Chloe and Zoey, life is looking up for Nikki Maxwell, especially since her crush, Brandon, asked her to be his lab partner—a seriously awesome development. However, when Nikki overhears mean girl Mackenzie bragging that Brandon’s taking her to the Halloween dance, a bummed Nikki signs on to spend Halloween at a kids’ party with her little sister, Brianna, instead. After she finds out Mackenzie was lying and her dream of going to the party with Brandon could be a reality, Nikki has two events to juggle . . . plus plenty of other entertaining trials and tribulations along the way!

Review:
This book was so fun to read. I read through it in less than 2 hours. I kept turning the pages and once I started, I couldn't stop!

Nikki's life was so fun to read about. She has to be a serious multi-tasker to get through the end of this book.

The characters were perfect. Her friends were loyal and nice. Sometimes a little too nice. Her crush has the best personality and understanding. And, in all books with a school, there must be a mean girl. The mean girl tries to ruin Nikki's life by taking her crush, her dreams, and her humiliation.

The writer really made you hear Nikki's thoughts. Written in first person.

Every party she had to go to turned into a disaster which will make a bunch of laughs erupt from any reader.

This is a great read for 10-12 year olds.

Ratings (1-5):
Characters: 5 stars
Plot: 5 stars
Ending: 5 stars
How Much Fun it Was to Read: 5 stars

Overall it was a good book.

Coming Soon...
Interview with Wendy Mass!

Review on This Book Is Not Good For You by Pseudonymous Bosch

If you have any questions, want to send me a book, want me to host a giveaway, want to be interviewed or have suggestions for books I should read, email me at: idevourbooks@gmail.com


Don't miss out!
Book giveaway, Charlotte's Web by E.B. White, makes a great gift!
ENDS NOVEMBER 18TH!
Click here!

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow! I'm so gonna read that book next. For some reason, it reminds me of my favorite book series. The mean girl tries to get the main character away from the main character's crush and they're sworn enemies and stuff. But the main character's crush is her enemy's brother. Okay, that probably didn't make anysense whatsoever. Sorry...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh! I'm about to read "This Book Is Not Good For You," too! We'll have to compare notes ^_~

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my reviews, I hope to hear from you more!
~Book Diva