Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Review: Every Soul A Star by Wendy Mass

By Wendy Mass


Summary:
A novel about three very different teenagers finding their place in the universe
12-year-old ALLY likes the simple things in life—labyrinths, stargazing, and comet hunting. Her home, the Moon Shadow Campground, is a part of who she is. She refuses to imagine it any other way.

13-year-old BREE is popular, gorgeous (everybody says so), and a future homecoming queen for sure. Bree wears her beauty like a suit of armor. But what is she trying to hide?

13-year-old JACK, overweight and awkward, is used to spending a lot of time alone. But when opportunity knocks, he finds himself in situations he never would have imagined. 



Review:
I had a lot of fun reading this book. It taught me a lot about astronomy, and eclipse's. Now, I am not an astronomy person, but this, it felt so cool to read about an eclipse. 



Ally, has to be my favorite character, she is in love with the place that she lives, and what she does. She doesn't even have friends nearby, yet she loves nature and, well, astronomy.


Jack is a character who, doesn't believe he can do things, and doesn't fit in. He really didn't want to go see the eclipse. Until he gets there, he just thinks he'll hate it.


Bree is really funny. She is one of those pretty girls that every book has, but she's not mean. She is pretty nice actually. That's what I like about her. She is pretty, and nice.


Now some parts were much better than others, what I don't think seems right, is that there is a boy named, Ryan, I think it was, he was almost in the whole thing, yet he doesn't have his own perspective. I still liked him in it, just maybe a little less of him in it.


I think the cover is one of my main favorite things, it is pretty, it has big writing, it is attention grabbing.


This book is probably best for 3-6 graders. Because I don't think older kids would enjoy it as much. It's a little young for a 12 year old and old for a 7 year old. They definitely wouldn't understand some parts about astronomy.


Ratings (1-5):

Characters: 4 stars
Plot: 5 stars
Ending: 5 stars
How Much Fun it Was to Read: 5 stars


If you have any questions, want to send me a book, want me to host a giveaway, want to be interviewed or have suggestions for books I should read, email me at: idevourbooks@gmail.com

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting on my reviews, I hope to hear from you more!
~Book Diva