Sunday, October 17, 2010

NaNoWriMo

Have you ever heard of NaNoWriMo?
NaNoWriMo stands for, National Novel Writing Month. Starting November 1st, you start to write a story and your goal is to reach 50,000 words in 30 days. Once you sign up for the kids site, or the adults site, you are ready to make a cover, write a summary and once it's November, start your story!


My story is about a girl with synesthesia. (What is synesthesia? Click here to find out!)
Here is my summary, and cover.


My LOUD Secret, a Summary:

I knew I was different the first day I stepped into kindergarten. I told my best friend Becky Wilson that she tasted like pineapples. She ran away from me screaming, "I DON'T LIKE PINEAPPLES!" From that day on, I knew I was going to be the weirdo. And I am. I am 12 and everyone here in middle school thinks I am weirder than the boy who picks his nose. (His voice is a brown blob) I don't know what's wrong with me, but I am determined to find out.

I hope you decide to join NaNoWriMo too!

4 comments:

  1. Wow, sounds cool. Try not to overdo the synethesia thing by talking about it every other sentence. Don't mean that you have, but while writing the novel, be careful not to overdo it. Makes the story sound fake.
    BTW, first comment, yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thats awesome!
    I might just sign up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Huh, you changed the title. Also, I guess your stats went UP UP UP and then dropped back down because PB told everyone about your blog. Must be a disappointment. Well, I like the new title better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good for you! You're doing exactly what I was doing when I was 11 - except there was no NaNoWriMo back then, just me feeling like it would be fun to write a novel. And it was! It took me a lot longer than a month to do it, though. Good luck to you, and remember, writing a novel is hard work too - so if you get frustrated, don't give up!

    ~ Amandasaurus Rex

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my reviews, I hope to hear from you more!
~Book Diva