Sunday, September 19, 2010

Review: The Name Of This Book Is Secret by Pseudonymous Bosch

By Pseudonymous Bosch

Book Summary:
This is the story about a secret. but it also contains a secret story.

When adventurous detectives, Cass, an ever-vigilant survivalist, and Max-Ernest, a boy driven by logic, discover the Symphony of Smells, a box filled with smelly vials of colorful ingredients, they accidentally stumble upon a mystery surrounding a dead magician's diary and the hunt for immortality.

Filled with word games, anagrams, and featuring a mysterious narrator, this is a book that won't stay secret for long.


My Review:
This book is for middle graders.
This has to be one of my favorite books of all time. I love, love, love mysteries. And comedy's are my thing too. But this book combines them both. 


In this book, the author is so secretive about this "secret" that the story is all about. The first chapter is all x's because he can't tell you anything in that chapter because it's all about the people, where they live and he can't let you know anything that will help you identify them!


Also the author, Pseudonymous Bosch, interacts with the reader, he acts like he is telling you the story in person. He chats with you like you are some one who just asked him about the mystery.


Max-Ernest has to be my favorite character, in the book he talks a lot and I think that relates to me. Cass is very sarcastic and she isn't as "fun." Now I'm not saying I don't like her, but she's just not my favorite character. Ms. Mauvais and Dr. L are the villains of this story. They are trying to figure out the secret that the magician, Pietro knows. And they presume that the two kids, Cass and Max-Ernest know it. And it all starts with a box that says, Symphony of Smells. But you'll have to see what happens!


 Now, it is a pretty long book. Even though it is a middle grade book, it's pretty long. It is about 360 pages long. It's a long book I must say, but a great read.




Ratings (1-5):
Characters: 4 stars
The Plot: 5 stars
How Much Fun it Was to Read: 5 stars
Ending: 5 stars


As you can see, I thought this book was awesome! I hope you liked my first review. Tell me any tips you have, and how good I did on my first review.


If you have any questions, want to send me a book, want to be interviewed or suggestions for books I should read, email me at: idevourbooks@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Oh, wow! It sounds like a pretty awesome book! I want to read it!


    -Ariel-
    Add me on Webkinz! Username AEG52998.

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS BOOK IS AWESOME. I have read it and i swear cass is my role model! Survivalists rock!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting on my reviews, I hope to hear from you more!
~Book Diva