Saturday, September 25, 2010

Review: If You're Reading This It's Too Late by Pseudonymous Bosch

By Pseudonymous Bosch

Summary (From the inside flap this time):
Beware!


Dangerous secrets lie between the pages of this book.


OK, I warned you. But if you think I'll give anything away, or tell you that this is the sequel to my first literary endeavor, 
The Name of This Book is Secret, you're wrong.


I'm not going to remind you of how we last left our heroes, Cass and Max-Ernest, as they awaited intiation into the mysterious Terces Society, or the ongoing fight against the evil Dr. L and Ms. Mauvais. I certainly won't be telling you about how the kids stumble upon the Museum of Magic, where they finally meet the amazing Pietro!


Oh, blast! I've done it again. Well, at least I didn't tell you about the missing Sound Prism, the nefarious Lord Pharaoh, or the mysterious creature born in a bottle over 500 years ago, the key to the biggest secret of all.


I really can't help myself, now can I? Let's face it---if you're reading this, it's too late.

Review:
This book wasn't as good as the rest. I really love The Secret Series but this one just didn't appeal to me as much as the other 3 did. (Reviews coming)

This book is mainly about alchemy, I am sorry, but alchemy does NOT appeal to me at all. I have to admit, I did like reading it, it just wasn't as amazing.

The villains of this story are trying to find a way to create life. AKA a homonculus. Too bad it's not possible in real life. I am a Christian and so this book doesn't catch my eye very well.

Cass is different in this one, I like her in this one way better then the first. I don't know why. She is somehow smarter in my eyes and more caring. Max-Ernest is sort of stubborn in this one, but I can't tell you why. I think I've said enough! Well almost.

Now the setting in this story, I really liked. Just the way the author described it made it seem so real and beautiful. Need I say more?

Ratings (1-5):

Characters: 4 stars
Plot: 3 stars
Ending: 4 stars
How Much Fun it Was to Read: 4 stars


Coming Soon (NOT in this order)...
Interview with Pseudonymous Bosch!
Interview with Wendy Mass!
Review on Every Soul A Star
Review on This Book Is Not Good For You



If you have any questions, want to send me a book, want me to host a giveaway, want to be interviewed or have suggestions for books I should read, email me at: idevourbooks@gmail.com

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting on my reviews, I hope to hear from you more!
~Book Diva